Monday 24 May 2010

Record sleeves solution

Rather than printing on a A2 downstairs in the manic print room i have decided to adapt my design to the situation i am in. Rather than working of A2 paper which would nicely fit my full original layout for i have decided to scale down so i can get on with the task of printing them up via the method of screen printing again. So rather than designing on a 300mm x 300mm art board which just won't fit on a A3 page i have design to work on a smaller scale of 280mm x 90mm which will fit nicely at the bottom of the record sleeve. It's made me realise that i quite like solving problems and i find giving my self constraints often produces better more creative ideas. I think it also shows good use of adaptive design which is somthing i have started to notice as a essential part of design.

I also decided to use couirer on the sleeves as i feel it just breaks up the text a little more making type stand out more/less. It has also been used on the mitternacht website which creates a visual tie and brand identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment